We are looking for Solution Architects with 10+yrs of experience in Oracle or Informatica. Knowledge of Fund Accounting, Fund Reporting, Derivative would be a big plus.
This role is for a Technical Consultant who can understand complex technical and architectural issues and has the ability to understand the implications associated with the chosen technical strategy. The successful candidate will be expected to interact with all levels of the technical and business community, seeking approval from all stakeholders of the projects.
Key responsibilities expected out the of the candidate will be as follows:
- Develops architecture design principles for a line of business and the underlying technical platform, and across a number of application development projects
- Has good knowledge of the architecture framework of the relevant technical platform.
- Reviews and shapes up the technical solution/architecture plans by keeping an eye on the current and long term operational issues
- Understands the background, issues and implications associated with business processes to provide advice and guidance on technical design and solution options
- Defines governing principles around a platform solution for translating the business requirements into workable technical solutions
- Is the sign-off authority on the technical solution and artifacts of projects. Displays a strong working knowledge in suggesting solutions which are functional and cost effective
- Is able to make suggestions towards practical and feasible trade-offs in the overall design
- Has a good working knowledge of IT industry standards and their application. Will need to make himself/herself aware of internal standards and apply them in their own work and in reviewing the work of other team members. Carries out sample code reviews in projects to ensure compliance.
- Has a good knowledge of the commercial framework while engaging with 3rd party vendors and is able to participate and give inputs into the products evaluation and negotiate and drive decisions on vendor support.
- Demonstrates ability to undertake application design and review activities on more than one development project.
- Is able to drive process improvements wherever possible such as implementation of Continuous Integration Tools, Automated test suites specific to the relevant platform.
- Provides input to project teams on security design requirements, design for performance (diagnostic and tuning) and design best practices.
- Maintains and asserts full control over all the technical documentation including that of code repository and environments for his/her line of business
- Works closely with the Teams to clarity/answer technical questions on the infrastructure and drive decisions on capacity planning.
- Is able to mentor, train and build the technical capability within the team. Participates in the relevant technical forums in the organization to understand and drive latest technical developments related to tools and processes.
- Defines and builds the common framework for the relevant platform health-checks, monitoring and error-logging.
- B.E./B.Tech. Or M.C.A. in Computer Science from a reputed University with at least 10 yrs of relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in Informatica, Oracle, Unix Scripting, Perl, Scheduling tools - Autosys/Control
- Sound knowledge of Database Design, Data Warehouse, Data Mart, Enterprise reporting, and ODS concepts.
- Very strong oracle PLSQL/T-SQL experience
- Good experience of complete project lifecycle execution from requirements Analysis till Go Live. Exposure to Agile methodology will be plus.
- Produce design/ technical specifications
- Propose solution & estimate new projects & build proposals.
- Work with delivery managers, System/Business Analysts and other subject matter experts to understand requirements and design solutions
- Work closely with business & technology teams (Infrastructure, Testing, Reporting, Enterprise groups etc...) to ensure that the proposed solution is fit for purpose
- Strong Knowledge of data modelling , data normalisation and performance optimisation techniques
- Develop and implement standards, procedures and best practices for data load, data maintenance, and reconciliation and exception management.
- Ability to guide/mentor juniors in building solutions & troubleshooting.
- Exposure to building reporting solutions – Web focus/OBIEE will be plus
- Very Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Fund accounting, Fund reporting & derivative concepts.
Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Enthusiasm for an agile approach to development
- A real desire to do things the right way whilst remaining delivery focused
- Innovative and enthusiastic about technology and using it appropriately to solve problems
- Excellent communication/presentation inter-personal skills to present to/liaise with all levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to work well in a matrix-based and geographically-dispersed organisation
- Ability to pick up knowledge of the client’s business, new technology areas, new processes/methodologies and apply these changes in the day-to-day working of the systems organisation
- Ability and experience to apply new skills / additional information acquired in relation to role
- Ability and experience to interact with business users
- Ability to prioritise own activities, work under hard deadlines
- Motivated, flexible and with a ‘can do’ approach
- Excellent Team player with interpersonal skills and commitment to achieve team goals
- Disciplined and conscientious approach
- Keen to learn and develop proficiency
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing and expanding environment
key Skills :
Oracle, Informatica, Solution Architect, Technical Architect, DWH, Datawarehouse, Data Warehouse, Fund Accounting, Fund Reporting, Derivative