Hiring, Technical Consultant - Firewall with hands on experience in following skills.
Firewall as a function within IT Infrastructure Operations in Gurgaon is responsible for providing support to corporate Firewall infrastructures and Internet / Extranet services.
The purpose of this role is to support firewall infrastructure availability and service delivery. It includes responsibility towards day to day Firewall operations and all the associated projects. This also involves taking ownership of issues and problems relating to the available IT infrastructure and work to achieve a swift resolution to the satisfaction of the customer and integrity of the business environments. This is a varied role requiring the individual to work hands-on technical and as part of a team, and involves liaison with cross functional teams and other departments across locations
Key accountabilities include
· All round support on Firewall infrastructure is required and the selected person will be expected to provide support on following products/areas, either directly or indirectly
o Firewall (Nokia), Firewall (Net screen), F5, Bluecoat products
o Administration including upgrades and patching
o Security policy administration
· Serve as technical specialist / Consultant in network problems and emergencies.
· Troubleshoot and resolve Firewall production problems.
· Ensure installation, up gradation and maintenance of network/telecomm infrastructure as per Standards.
· Monitor work queues and re-prioritise as required and as per OLA’s.
· High severity incident/problem management and escalation.
· Follow, maintain, and assist in development of global support standards.
· Availability of services during India and/or UK business hours.
· Liaison with the other support groups, Business Units and external vendors in and out of India to resolve issues.
· The applicant will require a background in UNIX systems, Networking and Firewall technologies
· An understanding on telecommunications systems and principles is essential.
· In depth knowledge on Cisco, Avaya technologies.
· Graduate / Post Graduate (BE, B Tech, MCA) and Industry Recognised Qualifications – CCSA, CCSE CCNA preferred
· Strong relationship with business units. Experience in dealing with different kinds of business environments and skills.
· Business aware and customer focused.
· Demonstrates a high level of commitment to customer service.
· Experience of working in a fast moving, customer focused environment.
· Self-starter – demonstrates good use of initiative. Flexible and adaptable, responds rapidly to changing agendas. Able to re-prioritise and organise effectively.
· Communicator – excellent written and verbal skills, good attention to detail.
· Team player, good inter personnel skills and ability to motivate.
· Need for flexibility towards working hours during busy periods.
· Highly motivated, even under pressure.
· Flexible approach to working hours including being ‘On Call’ and should be ready to work on weekends as well.
· Knowledge of Network Security and Firewalls technologies.
· Networking skills including TCP/IP, DNS and knowledge of Internet services such as proxies, email and FTP
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Knowledge of Checkpoint (Nokia, Splat and VM), Checkpoint Provider 1 essential.
· Knowledge of Juniper (Net screen and Junos), Juniper NSM essential.
· Knowledge of Net screen Security Manager (NSM) on SUN Solaris.
· Knowledge of Bluecoat Platform
· Organized with good attention to detail.
· Service oriented.
· Structured and methodical in problem solving.
· Strong communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
· Strong Team leadership skills and flexible team player.
· A positive can do – will do attitude is essential.
key Skills :
Firewall, Cisco, Avaya, Unix, CCSA, CCSE, CCNA, TCP/IP, DNS, Checkpoint, Checkpoint Provider 1, Juniper, Juniper NSM, Bluecoat