As an Architect or Staff Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to help define and implement components of next-generation, global eCommerce Platform. You will be responsible for design and implementation of front-end application system components in a massively scalable, high performance eCommerce platform in a Java EE and Oracle environment. Some of the key areas he/she will work and contribute will span eCommerce domains like site design and development, browse/search, SEO, shopping cart, Pricing, Inventory, Checkout, catalog content management, site analytics, site performance and scalability. You will interact with the business and product management teams to provide robust technical solutions to business problems.
• Serve as a technical lead for architecture, design and interface decisions
• Working with Java technology, Search (Endeca), Oracle, development tools to build and maintain different components / subsystems of Search and Browse system.
• Help in every stage of the project lifecycle -- gather requirements, design, develop, test and support the application
• Recommend engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, code reviews
• Collaborate, communicate with different teams, and triage technical issues across teams. Works independently and with supervisory review on complex tasks.
• Collaborate with product and project managers as well as business to define product features, architectural deliverables and project estimates
• Leads and mentors junior team members and effectively delivers projects. Creative and forward thinker.
• 6+ years experience building scalable ecommerce applications
• 2+ years experience with Endeca Search or other search technologies
• Experience in building large scale retail B2C web applications using:
- Commerce Platforms (e.g. ATG, WebSphere Commerce)
- Search (e.g. Endeca, Fast, ATG Search)
- Integration of product catalog, Web content
- Caching technologies, CDN (Akamai)
• Excellent Architectural Modeling and Design Skills
• UML Modeling and ER Modeling experience
• Comprehensive SDLC experience including:
- Agile implementation principles and practices
- Use of version control management such of SVN, CVS, Clearcase
- Production environment deployment and maintenance
• Performance tuning and optimization for scalability and high availability
• Good debugging and analytical skills
key Skills :
Commerce Platforms, ATG, WebSphere Commerce, Endeca, Fast, ATG Search, Integration of product catalog, Web content - Caching technologies, CDN (Akamai), Architectural Modeling, Design Skills, UML Modeling, ER Modeling, SDLC , Agile implementation principles and practices, Use of version control m