As a Database Architect, you will be responsible for database model for the SaaS platform
that will be the core of a new business. You will design the database mode, database infrastructure, and assist the Enterprise Architect in building the information model for the platform. Collaborating with Enterprise Architect, business and technical teams, you will be
instrumental in building platform and the associated products. As the resident database expert, you will define the database standards and be an adviser to stakeholders in technology matters including strategy, business alignment, data architecture, database technologies and knowledge capital investments.
- Experience in designing database models and database infrastructure for highly scalable / reliable SaaS/Web applications.
- Experience with rational databases like MySQL (must) and SQL Server
- Experience in Writing, Review and Analysis of stored procedures and complex queries. Tuning application queries by analysing execution plans
- Knowledge about Big data technologies like Hadoop, MongoDB etc will be considered as an added advantage
- Experise in trouble shooting day to day production issues in DB
- Sound knowledge in back up, replication clustering techniques
- Hands on experience in Database installation / Upgrade / Applying patches
- Complete understanding of SDLC management practices and methodologies. Experience with Agile software development practices is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate with all stakeholders through strict time constraints.
- Ability to work in a very dynamic environment & ready to support production environment
- Organised, self-motivated, team player, actions and result oriented
- Ability to successfully work under tight timelines
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Ability to meet production targets and milestones
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science / Engineering or MCA from a reputed institution
- 8+ years of experience in database administration with experience in a senior level
- Thorough knowledge about SDLC
- Experience in a startup environment is much preferred.
- Experience in Agile Methodology
What we offer:-
- Venture funded high-growth start-up experience
- Above market salary with stock options
- Leadership experience managing scalable software product company
key Skills :
MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Hadoop, Big Data, DB Architect, Database Architecture, Strored Procedures, Complex Queries, Performance Tuning