Looking for a highly motivated Support Manager (PM), who will be managing the Support of the websites and web applications. As a Support Manager for web, the successful candidate will be responsible for the support and maintenance of web delivery into Production. Key responsibilities will be as follows:
· Work alongside the Production Services team based in India to provide 24/7 support to web ensuring services are delivered in line with the defined customer service levels and expectations.
· Work closely with the Service Management team based in the UK to establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal customers / stakeholders.
· Work closely with the Vendor Management team based in the UK to establish and maintain strong working relationships with the key external vendors.
The person would oversee all aspects of support including incident resolution or proactive mitigation, change & problem management; would ensure compliance to all agreed SLAs and requirements. Shall also be responsible for overall planning and delivery of production changes and enhancements within the agreed timelines; and will be responsible overall for production stability. To this end, the manager will perform a variety of tasks including coordinating all resources and stakeholders, planning and setting milestones, assigning responsibilities and monitoring, summarizing and communicating progress and status.
Required Skills and Experience
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in an IT environment.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Application Management / Production Services support environment.
· Practical experience Internet technologies, B2B best practices & industry standards
· Knowledge of the mutual funds industry
· 5+ years building OO systems with Java
· 3+ years using a test driven development approach
· 4+ years middle tier based development
· Knowledge of XML and practical experience using it with Java
· Experience of RDBMS, Oracle and SQL
· Performance tuning experience
· Experience of best practices development methodologies. Especially Agile/DSDM/XP
· A working understanding of UML
· IBM WebSphere Portal Server, Websphere 6.0, Websphere 4, I.H.S
· Experience working with applications requiring the use of the following languages:
· Experience / familiarity with ITIL based support processes.