This role is for a Technical Consultant / Specialist who can understand complex functional, technical and architectural issues and has the ability to understand the implications associated with the chosen technical strategy well aligned with the business context. The successful candidate will be expected to interact with all levels of the business and technical community, seeking approval from all stakeholders of the projects. In addition, the expectation from the candidate is to lead several Centre of Excellence initiatives to build a truly global reporting platform with analytics and BI capabilities.
The candidate should also have the flexibility to extend and scale to parallel lead other reporting areas on need basis. The role requires an ability to quickly grasp the overall landscape from a functional as well as domain perspective. The role also demands that the candidate to be totally hands-on in reporting architecture & solutioning, while demonstrating a keenness to master, suggest and work with different technologies & toolsets. The role would also involve intensive interaction with the business and other systems groups, so good communications skills and the ability to work under pressure are absolute must.
- Subject matter expert with in-depth hands-on capability in Oracle BI server, Oracle BI Answers, BI interactive Dashboards, Oracle BI Publisher and other OBIEE 11g areas
- The person should have proven experience in delivering projects in BI & Analytics using OBIEE technology in a previous organization
- Experience in integrating data warehouses, dimensional modelling design, developing and configuring OBIEE Repository (RPD), Interactive Dashboards, OBIEE Answers, Security implementation, and Analytics Metadata objects, Web Catalogue Objects (Dashboards, Pages, Folders, and Reports). The person should be able to convert the self –service business requirements into user-friendly reporting design.
- The person should able to perform proof of concepts in DWBI & analytics discipline and produce detailed tool evaluation matrix by comparing different toolset fit for the purpose
- The person should have expertise in Design and Development of RICE (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions and Enhancements) component
- Should perform the set-up, Installation and configuration of the complete Analytics platform environment and the required connectivity for seamless integration with the data warehouse
- The person would be responsible to configure, tune, and create dimensional models, reports, charts and dashboards in OBIEE 11 G
- Designing and development of best-in-class Reporting solutions to support client reporting and distribution within the Enterprise Delivery group
- Work with the solution architects, business analysts in understanding the initial feasibility analysis and how to achieve the optimal technology solution to a business proposition
- Develop solution architecture, technical design and delivery estimates
- Define and implement technology quality controls and processes
- Work as a single point of contact for the project manager while providing the requisite levels of support required for delivering the project through the development and testing phases
- Provide architecture oversight and technical leadership during the course of technology development projects
- Lead centre of excellence initiatives and contribute in building a centralised reporting capability with client reporting, analytics & BI capabilities
- Constantly work with business and 3rd party vendors and take strategic decisions to perform product upgrades and product improvements
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 7-12 years of experience in Information Technology gained in an application delivery & support function in reporting discipline
- 5-7 years of experience in delivering at least 2-3 project in BI, Analytics & reporting applications using OBIEE 10/11 G toolsets
- Around 2-3 experience in migration projects involving end to end migration of reports / dashboards/ charts from any other BI Tool to OBIEE and able to address challenges in order to streamline the same and is able to highlight risks in advance from a legacy platform to a strategic reporting tool.
- The person should have working knowledge of the OBIEE Architecture and different toolset capabilities within OBIEE
- Ability to create and fine-tune metadata modelling and creation of various types of reports, charts and dashboards in OBIEE.
- Desired experience to troubleshoot other general and performance issues in OBIEE
- End to End knowledge of data warehouse architecture with preferred exposure in Oracle or equivalent database.
- Exposure to the underlying infrastructure which comprises of UNIX, Weblogic servers etc, and other equivalent capabilities to install, configure and implement OBIEE.
- Advanced Unix and shell scripting is an advantage
- Knowledge of different backup and DR strategies and exposure of load balancing in OBIEE or any other equivalent BI tool
- Very sound knowledge of underlying infrastructure which includes servers, load balancers, metadata models
- Person should be a B-Tech, MBA or MCA in relevant stream from reputed institute
- ‘Hands on’ system software analysis, development, testing and experience in reporting stream (preferably DWBI & analytics)
- Experience in Vendor management and working with 3rd party toolset
- Excellent team leadership skills with the ability to drive, manage, motivate and developing a high performing team
- Strong customer focus – meeting and exceeding expectations, resolving issues and developing solutions to meet customer needs
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills suitable for a diverse audience, with the ability to communicate in a positive, friendly and effective manner with ‘technical’ or ‘non-technical’ users/ customers
- A good working and hands-on knowledge of -
- Databases concepts (preferably Oracle)
- Core skills of UNIX shell script
- Informatica and Ctrl-M scheduling would be added advantage
- Programming languages / framework – Java / J2EE would be a plus
- Operating Systems knowledge and associated commands (UNIX [AIX/Solaris/Linux], MS Windows)
- Hands-on experience in one of the required development environments and tools
- Knowledge of essential Software Engineering principles
- Project development and delivery experience of a few good size projects
- Exposure and sound knowledge of Financial Services domain – Mutual Funds and Fund Accounting would be definitive plus
- Certification in Java, BI tools is an added advantage
- Flowcharting, data modelling, process modelling, form design, report design, and control procedures.
- Research methods and techniques including structured system analysis and design, and information engineering.
- Principles for conducting a business system analysis, including the analysis of procedures, equipment, and methods
Business / Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to apply new skills / additional information acquired in relation to role
- Ability to interact with Solution Architects and Business Analyst.
- Ability to prioritise own activities, work under hard deadlines
- Motivated, flexible and with a ‘can do’ approach
- Keen to learn and develop proficiency
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Delivery and results focused
- Strong customer awareness with ability to manage customer expectations
- Flexible and positive attitude, openness to change
- Willingness to work in different time-zones as required
- Self-motivation is essential, should demonstrate commitment to high quality design and development.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to think laterally, and to think with a medium term and long term perspective
key Skills :
OBIEE 10/11 G, OBIEE Architect, OBIEE Designer, BI, Analytics, Reporting, Oracle BI server, Oracle BI Answers, BI interactive Dashboards, Oracle BI Publisher, OBIEE 10g, 11g, OBIEE Architecture, Unix, Control-M, Java, Informatica