The Micro-siting Wind Resource Assessment (WRA) lead engineer will lead evaluations for wind farms and contribute to process development and vision for world class Micro-siting. The candidate will fulfill complete WRAs for Inquiry-to-Order (ITO) life cycle on Wind Turbine proposals
This critical engineering role in the front end of the business helps us understand the operating environment for our turbines, assessing their production capability as well as mechanical loading, and proposing ways to add customer value. In this role, you will:
- Support new units and services proposals by performing Wind Resource, Annual Energy Production and noise propagation Assessments, and developing options to increase customer value.
- Contribute to enhancing WRA methods for speed, productivity and accuracy.
- Lead AE efforts to assist in evaluating / deploying new ITO tools such as Instant Preliminary WRA and QuickMLA. Network with other WRA engineers for best practice sharing
- Lead Process changes allowing the team to achieve "Fulfillment Excellence" thru on-time delivery with first time quality for all proposals for ITO and releases to OTR
- Provide support to customers for wind resource assessment technical inquiries and communications, as well as review of customer specifications and site data. This includes interface with Platform Teams to facilitate implementation of new WTG offerings & features.
key Skills :
WRA, Wind Resource Assessment, Micro - siting, WAsP, WAsP Engineering, wind flow modeling, meso - scale wind methods, CFD based WRA, Wind Turbine micro - siting, wind farm design, site screening and feasibility