Lead Subsystem Engineer - Machine head ( System Integration Leader Machine Head), is responsible of setting the design requirements for machinery components designs for wind turbines. This includes defining and owning interfaces between components, cost target for machine head components and defining MGTP for machinery components.
- Define requirements for subsystem design (including all machinery components such as Main gearbox, Base frame, main bearing, yaw drive, yaw bearing etc)
- Interfaces between components and interfaces of machine head with hub
- Defining cost targets and strategies to achieve cost reduction.
- Conceptual design and trade-offs for machine head
- RCA ownership on Machine Head
- Define MGTP for machine head.
- Design for assembly and serviceability
key Skills :
System Integration, Cost Reduction, component design, FEA, tolerance stack up, interfaces, wind turbine component design, Wind turbine gearbox, Main bearing, base frame, Pitch,Yaw drives, WT design requirements as per IEC61400 - 1 GL 2010