Java with Genomics/BioMedical domain
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
Experience 6+ years
- Excited about building world-class software solutions leverage genomic data for the betterment of human life
- Exposure to the fields of genomics, experimental data processing, high-throughput data analysis, and genomic databases.
- Firm grasp of statistical analysis fundamentals necessary. Experience with multivariate statistics or statistical modeling a plus.
- Strong computational skills, particularly in data parsing, cleansing, data modeling, analysis, and database design and implementation.
- Solid knowledge of Unix/Linux. Experience with cluster computing a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous bioinformatics and scientific programming experience
- Deep understanding of object oriented design and programming
- Expert in developing multi-tier, scalable, and browser based applications. Enterprise grade and cloud-based applications leveraging AWS is highly preferred.
- 3+ years of solid hands experience with Java (primary language). Other languages (C++, Python, R, etc. will be considered)
- Prior exposure to scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Bash) on Linux or Unix
- Has experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Experience working with geographically distributed team
- A highly motivated fast learner who can self-start and “figure out what needs figuring out”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes then explain them to others
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalently technical disciplines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with scientists in the business to understand requirements and develop data analysis strategies and plans to meet them.
- Implement bioinformatics data integration and analysis pipelines for both NGS and traditional Sanger sequencing data using tools like Java and other appropriate scripting language.
- Develop visualization environments in reporting tools to enable scientists to explore the data and answer questions.
- Written and verbal presentation of results and methods.
- Responsible for initial design and development of new software and/or extensive software revisions. Define technical requirements and create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently, Use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to colleagues
- Participate in training and orienting new software engineers as they join the team
key Skills :
Java, Biomedical, Genonics, Python, R, Perl, SQL, Oracle, Unix, Linux