Hiring, Technical Specialist - Data Services, 6 to 9.5yrs of experience.
Purpose of your role
The Technical Specialist Data Services is responsible for working on data pipelines and engineering project delivery and / or production support activities from a technical perspective. This role would typically include day to day activities creating and supporting data pipelines, deployments including solving production and pre-production issues, working on change, incidents, problems and service improvement or engineering initiatives.
This role demands strong technical skills with a focus to ensure maximum uptime of the production infrastructure. Working as a member of a global database support team the successful candidate will play a pro-active role in the support of Emerging Services estate. The role requires Expert level skills in AWS/Azure Cloud devops which includes working on Terraform, Lambda (Python and Java) , Building micro services and CICD pipelines. Were looking for a candidate who can support Technologies like NiFi , Spark and Kafka. Working knowledge on Database, Oracle Golden Gate will be an advantage.
The role will involve regular BAU (Business As Usual) support and will involve 24 x 7 On-Call support and weekend & shift working.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Design and develop secure data pipelines.
- 24x7 support for Production Emerging Data Services estate. This includes all Production, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Break Fix, User Acceptance Testing and Development environments.
- Strategize data migration from Data Centre to Cloud includes Batch and CDC migration.
- Automation and process improvement.
- Rapid response to address high severity (severity 1, 2 and 3H) incidents.
- Support and delivery of assigned project work.
- Pro-active issue detection and resolution as well as service monitoring.
- Off business hours support on rotation basis.
- Collaborate with other Business and Technology teams.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Excellent Cloud Devops Engineer who can work and support CICD Pipeline using Terraform, cloud formation.
- Working experience on Lambda, microservices, API.
- Data migration using NiFi, Spark, Kafka and Oracle Golden-Gate from on-prem to Cloud.
- Working experience with Snowflake will be an addon.
- Support of engineering pipelines, monitoring and housekeeping, upgrade and patching, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and performance tuning.
- Proficient in ITIL processes.
- A good team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, together with the ability to communicate with management and other business and technical groups.
- Good analytical and, problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs (flexible) and learning new skills quickly.
- Customer focused strong service ethic.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal direction.
Above 6 Years of progressive working knowledge as Devops data engineer with technologies including but not restricted to:
- Big Data - Spark
- Hands-on experience on Cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Automation/Scripting expertise in Terraform, Lambda (Python/Java), Cloud formation
- Performance tuning with Data Pipelines
- Architecting Data migration Solution (Nice to Have)
- Basic knowledge of Snowflake, Oracle, SQL Server (Nice to have)
key Skills :
Data Engineer, AWS, Python, AWS Dynamo DB, AWS S3, Cloud Computing, AWS ECS, AWS Codebuild