Hiring, ChatBot Cloud Expert Engineer
The ChatBot Engineer will progress the development and support of the Chatbot platform to create solutions that better serve the business and ultimately the Customer. The role is expected to participate in all areas of the Chatbot team, working with other team members to identify challenges, research solutions, propose approaches for discussion, conduct pre-defined pilots and support solutions through to implementation across the Chatbot platform.
Through paired programming activities, the role will support the evolution of the Chatbot service with an infrastructure as code philosophy, ensuring knowledge of best practise techniques are understood. The role will align to industry standard cloud principles, encouraging and support the Delivery teams to use the platform assisting in 2nd & 3rd line troubleshooting where necessary. The role requires hands-on engineering skills in at least 1 programming language.
Your Key Accountabilities
• Must ensure the OUR Chatbot platform remains supportable, flexible & aligned to the original design operative principles.
• Will provide 2nd line operational & engineering platform delivery support for all OUR Chatbot services & environments. This will include being able to support & troubleshoot key areas of the OUR Chatbot stack & may include being a member of the oncall 24 * 7 rota.
• The candidate will be expected to get involved in all areas of the Chatbot Product such as inception/stand-ups/retrospectives etc taking the initiative to own varied stories across the entire Chatbot stack through to completion.
• Working closely with other Chatbot Engineers, the candidate will be expected to deliver solutions through paired programming activities & test-driven development, whilst taking the initiative to develop further programming skills & best practise capabilities.
• The role will include the ability to work through the challenge of engineering innovative solutions to a desired automatic immutable end state with other Chatbot engineers, reliant on low cost, low maintenance open-source technologies (where possible) aligned to the Chatbot Product Roadmap as agreed with the Chatbot Platform Owner.
• The candidate will be expected to keep up to date with the latest news within the conversational chat community & within their original area of expertise (testing, UX design, networks, virtualisation, development) in terms of strategic roadmap & functionality to further support the Chat Platform Owner in evolving the OUR Chatbot service.
Your skills and experience
You will be a Cloud Engineer with 6-9 Years of experience ( Expert Engineer ) with below skillset
• Experience in software delivery in agile methodologies.
• Deep Knowledge of AWS and its various services, primarily EC2, VPC, IAM, Serverless offerings, RDS, R53, CloudFront , Elasticsearch
• Strong hold on networking core concepts
• Deep Knowledge and understanding of Serverless Architecture and AWS offering in the area
• Comfortable and strong command on Terraform and/or CloudFormation Core concepts and hands-on writing
• Hands-on experience with Unix Scripting, Python
• Hand-on experience with CI-CD tools Jenkins, Code Build, Code Pipeline etc.
• Good experience with containers technologies will be advantageous
• Working knowledge of APIs, caching and messaging
• Majoring in at least one of the programming languages/frameworks; NodeJS & Python.
• TDD and pair programming best practise with CI/CD pipelines
• Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
• Passion for growing your skills and, tackling challenging problems
key Skills :