Hiring, ETL Architect
This role is for a Technical Consultant who can understand and solves complex functional, technical, and architectural issues around data integration and has the ability to understand the implications associated with the chosen technical strategy well aligned with the business context. The successful candidate will be expected to interact with all levels of the business and technical community, seeking approval from all stakeholders of the projects.
The candidate should be expert in ETL architecture & design as well as in data modelling, while demonstrating a keenness to master, suggest and work with different technologies & toolsets. The candidate is also expected to be hands-on on coding, so as to be effective reviewer as well to develop complex scenarios. The role would also involve intensive interaction with the business and other systems groups, so good communications skills and the ability to work under pressure are absolute must.
Experience and Qualifications Required
• B.E./ B.Tech / MCA, FULL time course only
• 10-14 years of overall IT experience.
Architecting, Planning and Implementation of end-to-end Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence systems utilizing best practices from Data Architecture, Data Integration and Data Management areas.
Expert Data Modeling skills: entity-relationship as well as dimensional, design experience of staging area, data warehouses, data marts and ODS, at least 4+ years
Data Analysis, Source System Analysis and Data Mapping to Target Data Model
Extensive knowledge in in Data Integration architecture / ETL / Data warehouse, esp large and complex data warehouses, at least 8+ years
Strong experience in SQL and PL/SQL and Informatica Powercenter and performance improvements techniques across ETL technology stack, at least 6+ years. The candidate must be hands-on on these technologies
Good experience with Oracle 11g/12c databases including thorough understanding of Partitioning, Indexing, Archiving, Materialized Views, at least 2+ years
Knowledge of Unix and shell scripting and scheduling tools (control-M or autosys) is preferred, at least 2+ years
At least 1+ years of experience of working in Data Virtualization platforms, like Denodo or CISCO Information Server and understanding of logical Data warehouses/Data Vaults.
Hands-on experience on the Snowflake implementation, Data Ingestion patterns, Data Models, Data Quality framework etc.
Understanding of row and column level security, data masking concepts; role and access privileges
Work as a single point of technical contact for the Delivery team while providing the requisite levels of support required for delivering the project through the development and testing phases.
Strong understanding of Oracle BI server, Oracle BI Answers, BI interactive Dashboards, Smartview, Oracle BI Publisher.
Some exposure to Reporting tools like OBIEE, BO or Tableau and concept of Semantic layer
Experience of Infrastructure considerations, like sizing, server configuration, DR strategies, load balancing would be an advantage
Ability to guide/mentor juniors in the team and review code artefacts
Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills suitable for a diverse audience, with the ability to communicate in a positive, friendly and effective manner with ‘technical’ or ‘non-technical’ users/ customers
• Informatica B2B Data Transformation tool experience or experience loading pdf/excel
• Experience using other ETL tools like Kettle or Talend.
• Integration with Cloud systems like Salesforce, Marketo, etc.
• Experience modelling and using NOSQL Databases, preferably Cassandra
• Experience of working in Big Data Technology stack and Advanced Analysis
• Exposure and sound knowledge of Financial Services domain – Mutual Funds and Fund Accounting would be definitive plus
• Good analysis skills – to be able to join the dots across multiple applications and interfaces between them
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and in a team environment.
• Self-motivated, flexible, responsible, and a penchant for quality
• Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to prioritise own activities, work under hard deadlines.
key Skills :
ETL, Data Modeling, Data Architecture, Data Integration, PL-SQL, SQL, Talend, Business Intelligence, BI, Kettle